Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pinterest Ideas

I love all kinds of baked goods! If you keep up with our IG account you will see that I have made many cakes and cupcakes. So it will come as no surprise to you that I purchased a cupcake stamp :) I couldn't resist! Plus its calorie free lol But my ideas weren't flowing on how to use it so I decided to check out Pinterest....Who doesn't love Pinterest right!? I searched for cupcake cards and picked 2 that i liked most and decided to share with all of you just how easy it is to use ideas from Pinterest 


                              These 2 cards were my inspiration

  To start I cut some pink card stock  4 3/4" wide (Its an odd width I know but I wanted lots of room to work with)
I  found some scraps that were pink and green like the picture i cut them 2"x2 1/4. Don't forget the white paper which is 5 1/4" x 4 3/4" 

 I cut a smaller piece of the same pink card stock to 2" x 2 3/4" (Just a little longer then the pink and green squares in the last step) And then took the same white paper and cut it 2" x 2 1/4". Wow! my brain hurts from all those measurements lol As you notice my white paper doesn't have pointed corners I indented them. There's no way you can mess it up just eyeball it 

 Are you ready for the fun part? Lets assemble the card!  Glue the white paper to the pink card 


                                    Glue on your 4 scrap pieces 

 Here's the cupcake! I stamped it and colored it on some white paper  (you have read about this in a previous tutorial) and then i accented it by sticking it on black paper and cutting around it to make a border so it pops (You have also learned about this. Remember? ;) 
                                                Glue these pieces

 Now its time to put it all together. But its still missing the finishing touch...
                                                            ...GEMS! 


 Add the finishing touch to the 4 corners we indented and card #1 is finished!.....I think its cuter then the original. That was SO easy and FUN! Don't you want to make another? OK GREAT! 

 This card was much easier then the first. I started with brown card stock (Sorry about my messy table)



 I reused the pink paper from the last card and added this cute green flowered paper. I also found some paper string (You could use whatever you have around the house like ribbon or even an extra shoestring lol) I cut them all 4" long 
I used the same cupcake stamp but colored it a little different and then used a maybe a cupcake will help? stamp and outlined them both in black 
I glued the 2 pretty papers to the card. The green slightly overlapping the pink 
                                         Then add the paper string
Then then stamps to finish it off 

I hope you have enjoyed making these cards as much as i have. Pinterest ideas can look intimidating at first but remember you aren't coping your just getting ideas. If you notice I didn't have the the exact same stamp or paper as my inspiration pictures but I used the ideas to make something new. There are more Pinterest ideas to come :) Thanks for checking out our blog! 

Three chicks,
Hannah,Joyce,And Marisol

No comments:

Post a Comment